High Converting UGC Examples: 5 Types That Work
User-generated content (UGC) is an example of a powerful marketing tool that can help brands connect with their audience on a deeper level and drive sales. UGC comes in many different forms, but some of the most high-converting UGC examples include:
1. The Selfie Review
Selfie reviews are a great way to showcase products in a personal and relatable way. In a selfie review, the creator talks to the viewer directly about the product they're using and why they love it. Selfie reviews are often conversational, expressive, and raw, which can make them feel like a chat with a friend.
Tips for creating high-converting selfie reviews:
- Use a front-facing camera so that viewers can see your face and expressions.
- Be specific and explain what you love about the product.
- Be conversational and authentic.
- Show the product clearly.
- Use good lighting and audio.
2. The Demonstration
Demonstrations are a great way to show viewers how to use your product and its features. In a demonstration, the creator uses the product on camera and explains what they're doing as they go. Demonstrations should be clear, concise, and informative.
Tips for creating high-converting demonstrations:
- Use a tripod or have someone else hold the camera so that your footage is steady.
- Use good natural lighting and quality audio.
- Speak clearly and concisely.
- Be specific and demonstrate all of the product's key features.
- Keep your demonstration engaging and interesting.
3. The Voiceover
Voiceovers are a great way to provide viewers with detailed information about your product without having to be on camera. In a voiceover, the creator narrates footage of the product in use. Voiceovers can be especially effective for products that need to be shown in action, such as sports gear or electronics.
Tips for creating high-converting voiceovers:
- Write a clear and concise script that highlights the product's key features and benefits.
- Use a good microphone and record in a quiet environment.
- Speak clearly and expressively.
- Match the tone of your voiceover to the type of product you're showcasing.
4. The Text-Over
Text-overs are a great way to provide viewers with quick and informative snippets about your product. In a text-over, text is superimposed on footage of the product in use. Text-overs are often used to highlight specific product features or benefits.
Tips for creating high-converting text-overs:
- Use clear and concise text that is easy to read.
- Use a font that is complementary to your brand and product.
- Place the text in a strategic location on the screen so that it doesn't obscure the product.
- Use animation or other effects to make the text more engaging.
- Keep your text-overs brief and to the point.
5. The Inspirational
Inspirational UGC taps into viewers' emotions and shows them how they can use your product to achieve their goals or create a better life for themselves. Inspirational UGC can include footage of people using your product in beautiful or exciting locations, or footage of people using your product to achieve their personal goals.
Tips for creating high-converting inspirational UGC:
- Showcase your product in a way that is aspirational and inspiring.
- Use high-quality footage that is visually appealing.
- Tell a story that will resonate with your viewers.
- Make your viewers feel like they can achieve their goals or create a better life for themselves by using your product.
High-converting UGC is authentic, informative, and engaging. By creating UGC that showcases your products in a positive light and that provides value to your viewers, you can drive sales and build brand loyalty.
Here are some examples of high-converting UGC:
- A selfie review of a new lipstick where the creator shows how to apply the lipstick and shares their honest thoughts on the product.
- A demonstration of a new smartphone where the creator shows off all of the phone's key features and benefits.
- A voiceover of a new video game where the creator narrates footage of the game in action and highlights the game's key features.
- A text-over video of a new pair of hiking shoes that highlights the shoes' key features and benefits, such as their waterproofness and durability.
- An inspirational video of a couple using a new travel backpack to hike through the mountains and camp under the stars.
By following the tips above, you can create high-converting UGC that will help you achieve your marketing goals.